Overall Purpose of the Role:
To run the kitchen whilst inspiring and motivating the team, achieving budget, and following all standards in hygiene and production including Food Safety, Health& Safety COSHH.
To contribute towards the success of Yoobi by providing the best quality, fast online delivery service.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff
- Respond to customer queries and complaints
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- Check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash.
- Regularly review product quality
- Manage a small team of 3-5 member
- Lead the operations of the delivery kitchen to maximise sales and profitability
- Manage, lead and develop your team of chefs in order to provide exceptional quality food orders and deliveries
- Assist with ensuring the business complies with all legislation including hygiene, food safety and licensing laws
- Assume full responsibility, for Delivery Kitchen Operations
- Plan and organise the kitchen deployment to ensure quality and quantity of production is met in line with the needs of the business
- Ensures up to date recipes are in used every time
- Follow up in hygiene, health and safety standards to ensure statutory regulations and Yoobi Sushi procedures are adhered to.
- Control and analyse production, to improve systems and kitchen efficiency
- Ensure Hygiene, Fire, Health & Safety standards are maintained in accordance with the legal requirements
- Order the correct levels of stock to meet the business needs
- Check all deliveries for quality and quantity
- Control waste and portioning by using scales, scoops
- Receive and check stock in line with the food safety policy solving any issues that arise.
- Monitor and meet stock wastage targets, through correct stock rotation FIFO, product labelling, and using the measurement tools: scoops, scales
- Ensure prep time accuracy is followed at all times
- Complete weekly stock count accurately and consistently as required
- Ensure stock levels are maintained through effective ordering, correct stock rotation and product labelling
- Ensure cleanliness standards are maintained and daily/deep cleaning rota’s are adhered
- Liaise professionally with EHO and Food Safety Auditors, reporting back and actioning the points together with Operations Manager and Deliveroo Site Manager all communications.
- Ensure completion of all relevant company documents on each shift.
- To lead and motivate the team to deliver outstanding service including producing and delivering great quality, correctly portioned products
- Communicate all company news and standards in a positive manner
- Attends training courses / meetings when required
- Ensure staff members complete/ attend all the required courses
- Takes on additional responsibilities as requested by the Management Team
Skills and knowledge:
- Food/hospitality experience is needed
- 2-3 years’ experience as a general manager
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Passion for delivering excellent quality of food on time.
- A good understanding of Food Safety and Health & Safety
- Fully flexible
- Knowledge of stock management
- the ability to work independently and make decisions confidently
- problem-solving ability, to resolve issues as they arise.
- strong written and oral communication skills for managing business admin and personnel matters
- the ability to cope under pressure, since restaurant management can be challenging